June 27, 2020 | Salad bar
Dieser Beitrag ist auch in Deutsch verfügbar.
Now we have the salad.
Hello welcome to my blog. Today I present you my first blogpost. It is a special salad with red lentils. I hope you like it and you will visit my blog again. Enjoy my salad…
Ingredients: (serves 4)
For the salad:
|200 g||red lentils|
|1 teaspoon||granulated vegetable broth|
|1 glass (350 g)*||chickpeas|
* about 220 g drained net weight
For the dressing:
|1 tablespoon||olive oil|
|2 tablespoons||cider vinegar|
|1 tablespoon||balsamic vinegar|
|parsley (fresh or dried)|
|(herbal) salt, pepper|
Prep time: 20 minutes
- Wash the lentils thoroughly in a sieve, drain well and cook them.
Add the granulated vegetable broth to the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, wash the peppers and cut them into small pieces.
- Dice the Gherkins and the feta and wash the chickpeas.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing with a whisk.
- Add the red peppers, gherkins, feta and chickpeas to the lentils.
Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
Tips and tricks:
- You can serve the salad with warm lentils or you cool them off.
- If you like, add more vinegar, oil or water to the dressing.
- When buying the chickpeas, make sure that they are without citric acid or sugar.
Tips to exchange:
- Use mozzarella or hard cheese instead of feta. The salad is delicious without feta or cheese, too.
- Add other vegetables like zucchini.
- Exchange chickpeas for kidney beans or white beans.
- Do you like fiery spices? Add chili to the dressing.
This recipe is…
… quick & easy to make.
… perfect to go.
… without feta: vegan and lactose-free.
… without eggs, meat and fish.
… healthy and tasty.
… excellent as a side dish for lunch or dinner.
… is suitable for a main dish.