July 14, 2020 | Bakery
Dieser Beitrag ist auch in Deutsch verfügbar.
Bake. Eat. Clean. Repeat.
I’m honest. For baking bread I need time and motivation. I like to bake, but not by the way and not with hectic. For this reason I don’t bake every week, but once a month. Then I bake several breads. My favourite one is a bread with buttermilk and buckwheat. It smells delicious and should not be kept away any longer from you.
Ingredients for 1 loaf pan:
|500 g||wholemeal spelt flour|
|100 g||teff flour|
|1 teaspoon||sodium bicarbonate (approx. 1 teaspoon)|
|loaf pan (approx. 30 cm)|
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Baking time: 45-55 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (top and bottom heat).
- Wash the buckwheat in a sieve and drain well.
- Mix the buckwheat, wholemeal spelt flour, teff flour, salt and sodium bicarbonate.
- Add the buttermilk and the egg and mix all ingredients with a mixer or a food processor.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper and add the batter. Sprinkle the bread for example with flax seeds and bake for 45 minutes. After this time, check the bread. If the bread isn‘t ready, bake it for another 5-10 minutes (reduce the heat to 160 °C). But don’t forget the bread. It gets dry very quickly.
- Let the bread cool down and enjoy it.
This recipe is…
- … suitable for freezing.
- … perfect to go and ideal for sandwiches.
- … without additives, homemade and yummi.
- … vegetarian.