July 25, 2020 | Sweet dishes
Dieser Beitrag ist auch in Deutsch verfügbar.
Count the memories not the calories. (Anonym)
I love kaiserschmarrn. It is my favourite dish and that’s why I cook it once a week. But not the classic version. I prepare a healthy variant of the popular dessert and vary the ingredients every week. Today I want to share one of my favourite version with you. For this, I use a mix of three flours, plant milk and an egg. And now I proudly present my healthy kaiserschmarrn…
Ingredients: serves 2 (main dish)
… serves 4 (dessert):
|250 ml||oat milk|
|1-2 teaspoon(s)||coconut blossom sugar (optional)|
|160 g||wholemeal spelt flour|
|25 g||teff flour (or wholemeal spelt flour)|
|15 g||coconut flour (or wholemeal spelt flour)|
|50 ml||sparkling water|
|ghee (or coconut oil)|
Prep and cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Stirr the egg, oat milk and sugar until smooth.
- Add the flours and mix well.
- Finally add the sparkling water and mix well again.
- If the dough is too thick or too liquid, you can add more flour, plant milk or sparkling water.
- Heat up ghee or coconut oil in a big pan. Add the batter, spread it with a spoon and reduce the heat. Let it bake for about 5-6 minutes until it forms bubbles on the surface.
- Then turn around the pancake and let it bake from the other side for About two minutes.
- Cut the pancake into pieces and let them bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden brown and baked through. Don't forget to turn regularly.
Prepare a homemade pear compote and serve it with the kaiserschmarrn. How to do it? Wash, peel and dice the pears. Put them in a pot and add water. The pears should be just covered. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and let it cook for five minutes. Then puree with a hand-held blender and add a little bit sugar. I don’t give sugar to the compote, but that's just a matter of taste. If you don’t like pears you can use other fruits for the compote, too.
This recipe is…
- … for sweet tooths and people who want to become a sweet tooth.
- … is suitable as a main dish or a dessert.
- … is crispy on the outside and soft inside.
- … vegetarian.