Oktober 10, 2020 | Pasta
Dieser Beitrag ist auch in Deutsch verfügbar.
The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating. (John Walters)
Today I have a vegetarian and vegan sauce for you. Quick and easy to make, seasonal and healthy. You can use it for pasta, soufflés and of course for soups, too. A delicious soulfood for cold days.
Ingredients: (serves 2-3)
|25 g||cashew kernels|
|350 ml||rice drink|
|1 teaspoon||granulated vegetable broth|
|1 teaspoon||pumpkin spice|
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Soak the cashew kernels for at least two hours.
- Put the cashew kernels in a sieve and wash them.
- Wash and dice the pumpkin and put the pumpkin dices in a pot.
- Add the rice drink, granulated vegetable broth and pumpkin spice, stir, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let it cook for about 20-25 minutes. If needed, add more rice drink.
- Add the cashew kernels, mix it with a hand blender and season the sauce with pepper.
Tips (to exchange):
- Exchange the pumpkin spice for more granulated vegetable broth.
- I love curry, because of that I season the sauce with curry.
- If you like chili, you can season the pumpkin sauce with chili, too.
This recipe is…
- … quick & easy.
- … vegetarian and vegan.
- … a great basis recipe for soups and sauces.
- … healthy and tasty.
- … an ideal recipe for meal prep.