August 18, 2020 | In love with risotto
Dieser Beitrag ist auch in Deutsch verfügbar.
Are you the queen of your kitchen?
Today I have a power risotto for you. Why powerful? I use quinoa and red lentils. Great ingredients for a powerful and healthy dish. For my risotto I only use 4 ingredients: quinoa, red lentils, peppers and chickpeas. Easy, delicious, changeable and a perfect idea for meal prep. Yes, you are the queen of the kitchen.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
|120 g||red lentils|
|1 glass (350 g)*||chickpeas|
|1 tablespoon||granulated vegetable broth|
|1-2 tablespoon(s)||herb cream cheese|
* about 220 g net drained weight
Prep time: 5 minutes / Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Wash the quinoa and the lentils thoroughly in a sieve and drain well.
- Place quinoa, red lentils and water (300 ml) in one pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Don’t close the lid completely. If needed, add more water.
- In the meantime, wash and dice the peppers.
- Wash the chickpeas in a sieve, too.
- Add the chickpeas and the peppers and let it cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Before serving, add the herb cream cheese and season with pepper and salt.
Tips (to exchange) and tricks:
- The risotto is suitable for freezing.
- Add more vegetables like zucchini.
- Exchange herb cream cheese for cream cheese without herbs.
- Use white or black beans instead of chickpeas.
This recipe is…
- … quick and easy to cook.
- … tasty, varied and creative.
- … vegetarian.
- … food for the soul.
- … suitable for meal prep and freezing.