July 2, 2020 | Hearty stews
Dieser Beitrag ist auch in Deutsch verfügbar.
I like rice. Rice is great when you’re hungry. (Anonym)
It is time for zucchini. And for this reason I have a tasty rice pot with red lentils and zucchini for you. The recipe is quick and easy to make, vegetarian, colourful, perfect for meal prep and of course a great to go dish.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
|200 g||brown rice|
|1-2 tablespoon(s)||granulated vegetable broth|
|80 g||red lentils|
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Place brown rice, granulated vegetable broth and water (500 ml) in one pot and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Don’t close the lid completely. If needed, add water.
- Wash the red lentils a sieve and drain well.
- Wash and dice the zucchini and the pepper(s).
- After 10 minutes, add the other ingredients and let it cook for another 15-20 minutes. If needed, add water. (Notice: Maybe you have to adjust the boiling time of the brown rice).
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Tips and tricks / Tips to exchange:
- Exchange brown rice for wild rice or spelt. Maybe you have to adjust the cooking time.
- Add more vegetables like carrots, maize and/or peas
This recipe is…
- … food for the soul.
- … quick & easy to make.
- … suitable for freezing and perfect to go.
- … vegetarian and vegan.
- … colourful and selfmade.