September 24, 2020 | Hearty stews
Dieser Beitrag ist auch in Deutsch verfügbar.
This kitchen is seasoned with love. (Anonym)
My spicy One-Pot-Chili is perfect for meal prep. I like to precook on the weekend. Then I cook different dishes and freeze them. So I have a lot of healthy and tasty meals in my deep freeze. This is very practical and stress-free.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
|1 glass (330 g) *||white beans|
|1 can (400 g) **||black beans|
|1 glass (340 g) ***||maize|
|200 g||brown rice|
|1 glass (690 g)||passata|
|salt and pepper|
* about 240 g drained net weight
** about 240 g drained net weight
*** about 230 g drained net weight
Prep time: 5 minutes / Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- Wash the beans and maize in a sieve and drain well.
- Place brown rice, beans, maize, passata and chili in one pot and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it cook for 30-35 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Don’t close the lid completely. If needed, add water.Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Tips and tricks / Tips to exchange:
- Serve the chili with a colourful salad.
- Exchange brown rice for wild rice or spelt. Maybe you have to adjust the cooking time.
- Use chickpeas or kidney beans instead of white and/or black beans.
- Add more vegetables like carrots, pepper and/or zucchini.
This recipe is…
- … spicy.
- … food for the soul.
- … quick & easy to make.
- … perfect to go.
- … vegetarian and vegan.
- … colourful.