... and how to make easy and tasty salads
August 22, 2020 | Salad bar
Dieser Beitrag ist auch in Deutsch verfügbar.
You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces. Just good food from fresh ingredients. (Julia Child)
Salads are quick and easy to prepare and perfect to go. For this reason I often prepare them for lunch or dinner. For my salads I use different ingredients from various categories. Today I want to show you this categories. You can use them for your own creations and for inspiration you can find a tasty salad at the end of this blog post.
Category 1: (pseudo-) grain and other ingredients
- brown rice
- wild rice (also a mixture of brown and wild rice)
- whole grain pasta
- lentil, chickpea, pea noodles
- unripe spelt grain
- pearl barley
- couscous (whole grain)
- quinoa (preferably a mixture of three types)
- sweet potatoes
Category 2: beans, lentils and peas
red and yellow lentils
brown and black lentils
chickpeas (in a jar, without additives)
kidney beans, white giant beans, black beans (in a jar, without additives)
green beans (in a jar, without additives)
Category 3: vegetables
Category 4: salad
- lettuce, lamb’s lettuce
- chinese cabbage
Category 5: nuts, kernels and seeds
- sunflower, pumpkin seeds
- cashew, pine nuts
Category 6: cheese
- hard cheese like Tilsit, Gouda
Category 7: fruits
For the dressing:
- Spices like parsley, chive, curry, chili, …
- Liquid spices like olive oil, rapeseed oil, vinegar …
- Specials like yoghurt, sour cream, buttermilk, …
And now I serve my healthy and tasty summer salad to you...
Ingredients: (serves 4)
For the salad:
|200 g||precooked wheat (Supermarket)|
|1 glass (340 g)*||green beans|
* about 195 g drained net weight
For the dressing:
|1 tablespoon||olive oil|
|2 tablespoons||cider vinegar|
|parsley (fresh and dried)|
|(herb) salt and pepper|
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook the wheat.
- Meanwhile, wash the radishes and the cucumber and dice them.
- Wash the beans in a sieve and drain well.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing with a whisk.
- Add the radishes, the cucumber and the beans to the wheat.
Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
Tips and tricks:
- If you like, add more vinegar, oil or water to the dressing.
- When buying the beans, make sure that they are without citric acid or sugar.
This recipe is…
- … fresh and light…
- creative and healthy
- … quick & easy to make.
- … perfect to go.
- … excellent as a side dish for lunch or dinner.
- … is suitable for a main dish.
- … perfect for the next party.
- … vegatarian and vegan.