October 24, 2020 | Hearty stews
Dieser Beitrag ist auch in Deutsch verfügbar.
Fall in love with taking care of yourself. (Anonym)
… and because of this it is time for soulfood.
At the moment I like to cook stews, soufflés or dishes like this sweet potato curry with lentils. The recipe is vegetarian, perfect for meal prep and ideal for cold days. … and what’s your favourite recipe in the moment?
|250 g||cauliflower, fresh or deep-frozen|
|ghee or coconut oil|
|1 can (400 g)||chopped tomatoes|
|1 can (200 ml)||coconut milk|
|200 g||wild rice|
Prep time: 15 minutes + soaking time
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- Wash the lentils (after having soaked them for at least six hours).
- Peel, wash and dice the sweet potato.
- Pluck the cauliflower into florets and wash them.
- Heat up ghee or coconut oil in a big pan. Add the sweet potato dices, lentils and curry and sauté for two till three minutes. Stirring regularly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the coconut milk, bring to a boil again and reduce the heat. Add the cauliflower and let it cook for another 30-35 minutes. Don’t close the lid completely.
- In the meantime, cook the wild rice.
- Season the curry with salt and pepper and serve it with the wild rice.
Tips and tricks / Tips to exchange:
- Exchange wild rice for couscous, bulgur or spelt.
- Servet he curry with my bread with buttermilk and buckwheat.
- Add more vegetables like carrots, peppers and/or broccoli.
- If you don’t like coconut milk, you can exchange it for oat drink.
- Use chickpeas instead of lentils.
This recipe is…
- … food for the soul.
- … suitable for freezing and perfect to go.
- … vegetarian and vegan.
- … selfmade.
- … without additives or flavour enhancers.
- … changeable.
You might be also interested in:
Pasta bake with peppers and broccoli
Salad with sweet potatoes and broccoli